Pick up from your Aswan hotel.
Visit the Unfinished Obelisk in the ancient granite quarry of Aswan. This obelisk is believed to have been built for Queen Hatchepsut but was never completed due to a fatal crack being discovered. If completed it would have been the largest obelisk ever erected.
Visit the Aswan High Dam which was built to control the flooding of the Nile, provide water for irrigation and generate hydroelectricity. Regarded as an engineering masterpience the building of the dam also included the creation of Lake Nasser, one of the largest man made lakes in the world.
Travel by motorboat to Agilkia Island to explore the beautiful Philae Temple. Built during the Ptolemaic dynasty and officially closed down in the 6th century AD, Philae was a seat of the ancient Egyptian faith as well as the Christian religion.
Transfer back to your hotel.
Tour runs: Daily
Tour duration: 5 hours
Starts from: Aswan hotel
Ends at: Aswan hotel
Tour Code: A1
• All transfers and sightseeing in a modern air conditioned car/motor coach
• Motorboat ride to/from Philae Temple
• English speaking Egyptologist tour guide
• Visits as per program including entry fees
• Food and drinks unless specified
• Gratuities and tipping (recommended)
• Optional extras